From classic blue jeans and t-shirts to outrageously glamorous couture gowns, fashion celebrities have long mesmerized us with their unparalleledlike ability to move seamlessly between styles. Whether it’s the pure celebrity glamor of a major red-carpet event or a low-key runway show, the sense of glamour and panache that these stars bring to fashion is unmistakable. But fashion celebrities don’t just provide us with the visual spectacle of their most daring fashion choices; they provide us with valuable style lessons that we can use in our own wardrobes. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how we can learn from the sartorial choices of our favorite fashion celebrities and use them to inspire our own style.
1. Why Style Lessons From Fashion Celebrities Matter
The way we dress has changed over the years to include everything from street style to couture. Fashion celebrities have been at the forefront of these changes, setting new trends and inspiring other fans to try new looks. As a result, they have become important sources of style inspiration and lessons.
Observing Current Trends
Fashion celebrities are known for setting trends, so their decisions command attention. From hairdos to makeup to outfits, fans eagerly observe their outfits and mimic them to achieve looks of their own. They can help you stay up to date with current trends and respond to them in your own look.
Encouraging Personal Style
Fashion celebrities can also help you create a personal style. By blending current trends with other unique elements, you can build a wardrobe that shows off your individual tastes and style. Fashion celebs can also give you tips on how to incorporate the latest must-haves into your wardrobe so that you can be fashionable without sacrificing your own unique flair.
Teaching Good Habits
Taking cues from fashion celebrities can also help you build better wardrobe habits. It can be easy to buy clothes mindlessly and without considering the essentials, but fashion celebs can help remind you of the core pieces you need for any look. Whether it’s basics like black and white tees or statement pieces like coats, they can show you what pieces you should stock up on.
Learning Trade Secrets
Following fashion celebrities can also help you learn the tricks of the trade. From how to layer correctly to which pieces to splurge on, knowing the rules of fashion can help you stay on trend and build a wardrobe suitable for any occasion. Additionally, stars often share cosmetics tips or reveal their personal beauty rituals, which can give you inspiration on how to build or maintain your own look.
2. Learning to Channel the Fashion Icons of Today
Fashion icons of today have come such a long way since the early 2000s. From the days of Juicy Couture tracksuits and Crocs, today’s celebrity-influenced style has led the masses towards chic and sartorially sophisticated trends. But with the constant influx of changing styles, it can be a challenge to keep up-to-date and to channel the fashion icons of today.
If you’re looking to emulate your favorite A-lister, there’s no need to worry. Here are a few tips to help you create a show-stopping look that will have you turning heads for all the right reasons.
- Do Your Research – Familiarize yourself with the stylistic preferences of your favorite designer labels, supermodels and Hollywood stars. Look at the cuts, colors, and textures of the garments they wear, and the combinations they tend to pull off. This can give you a good foundation for what trend to test out first.
- Mix and Match – Find a balance between edgy, modern pieces and classic staples. Combining a touch of the avant-garde with classic cuts helps you achieve a look that’s both timeless and fashion forward.
- Take a Risk – Tired of dressing like everyone else? Take a risk and try out something new! Bold colors, unexpected fabrics, and crazy silhouettes can all add up to an ensemble that’s as unique as you are.
- Try Something Unexpected – Whether that’s layering those unexpected pieces, or pairing them with an old standby, mixing it up can have you ahead of the trends and looking chic.
At the End of the Day. It’s easy to get caught up in the current trends and try your best to look like a celebrity. But don’t forget that fashion is an ever-evolving branch of self-expression. Be creative in your styling and choose pieces that make you feel the most confident and stylish!
3. The Celebrities Who Are Shaping the Fashion Scene
Celebrities have always been trend-setters, and the modern fashion scene is no exception. From big-screen actors to powerhouse singers and models, these A-listers are helping drive wardrobe choices in 2020.
Kendall is the face of fashion these days. From high street looks to high-end haute couture, the model seems to pull off every single style flawlessly. In 2020, she has set plenty of trends, from patterned midi dresses to off-the-shoulder sweaters. Her Instagram is always full of poppin’ pics inspiring her fans to dress up a little more daringly.
The singer is a modern-day fashion icon, with trends ranging from her own homemade denim creations to breathtakingly inventive salon looks. Whether it’s sending audiences into a frenzy in a red latex dress at Coachella or toning it down in a pretty polka-dot dress, SZA always looks stylish, and her fans love to replicate her looks.
Millie Bobby Brown
Our favorite Stranger Things actress is no stranger to handling fashion! The teen star often sets the bar high with her red-carpet appearances in everything from vibrant mini-dresses to unique two-pieces. Millie even has her own fashion label, MBB, which is perfect for replicating her true Hollywood vibes.
The Scandal star epitomizes unrivaled glamour on red carpets and in interviews. Whether it’s playsuits, stylish ’40s-style cuts, or low-key athleisurewear, Kerry always looks polished. Plus, her diverse wardrobe caters to a variety of occasions, so if you seek timeless fashion inspiration, Washington is your go-to look.
4. Stay Ahead of the Curve: Fashion Tips from the Stars
Fashion is evolving constantly and it can be hard to keep up. But luckily, you can take tips from those who know the ins and outs of the fashion industry – the celebrities. With the right fashion advice from the stars, you can stay one step ahead of the curve and stay on trend. Here are four tips you can use to do just that.
- Look to the Runway – The most up-to-date fashion tips come from the designers. Following their runway shows and the collections they display is key for those who want to stay modern and stylish. Look at the textures, colors, and silhouettes that they’re creating and recreate their looks with thinner fabrics, different colors, and more comfortable fits.
- Invest in Timeless Pieces – To stay ahead of the curve, it’s important to know what will never go out of style. Investing in timeless pieces, such as a classic white button-down, is key for avoiding trend traps. By having at least one of these key items in your closet, you can mix and match it with every new trend that comes around.
- Mix and Match Different Textures – Another way to stay up-to-date on fashion trends is by mixing and matching different textures. Not only will this lead to a bolder and more creative look, but it’s also a great way to experiment with new styles and trends. For instance, pair velvet with denim or suede with chiffon to achieve a truly modern look.
- Be Fearless with Accessories– Accessories can make or break an outfit, and celebrities know exactly how to use them to their advantage. Think of unexpected items, such asBelts and jewelry, to truly elevate your outfit. With the right combination of colors, patterns, and textures, you can create a one-of-a-kind look.
Following these tips from the stars, you can stay ahead of the curve and keep your wardrobe modern and up-to-date. With the right advice, you’ll never be left behind when the next big fashion trend comes rolling in.
You don’t have to be a celebrity to be fashionable. By taking some style cues from the famous faces, anyone can have a polished wardrobe that reflects their personal taste and speaks to their inner fashionista!